Vladimir Sokolov Master of the Art of the Collage.
Vladimir Sokolov was born in 1932 in former Yugoslavia. He was trained and educated in Graphic Design and Fine Art. After visiting the USA in 1965, he decided to come back in 1966 to stay and in 1975 he became a citizen of the USA.
In the early sixties he developed a unique painting style, mixed media-collage influenced by constructivist artist Naum Gabo, a well known teacher from New York.
Vladimir’s most recent works are concerned with issues of form, light, and space in creation of large and mysterious concepts of the Cosmos.
Vladimir likes to describe his paintings as “a mixture of acrylic, paper, and music!”
Selected Sokolov exhibitions include:
-Laguna Beach Art Museum
– Downey Art Museum
– Palos Verdes Art Museum
– California-Hawaii Biannual, San Diego Art Museum
– Municipal Art Gallery, Barnsdall Park, Los Angeles
– Festival of Art, City of La Mirada (Best of show)
– All California Juried Show – Laguna Beach Museum
– Muckenthaler Art Center, Fullerton
– “Inland Exhibition X ” San Bernardino
– National Orange Show, San Bernardino
– Mills Hause Visual Center For Art, Garden Grove
– Main Art Gallery- Bank of America Headquarters, San Francisco
– “American Painters In Paris” Paris, France
This piece measures:
5 feet in height
4 feet in width
WE CAN SHIP this piece via USPS or our personal shippers.
Ring 312.450.9821 with questions.